Harding Avenue Elementary PTA
COME TO A PTA MEETING!
FIRST MONDAY OF THE MONTH AT 6PM in HAE THEATER 2 *UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED*
2019-2020 Meeting Dates and Times to be Determined...
thanks to all who came out or read the minutes this school year!
- Earth Day/ April 23rd - to be celebrated all week; we encourage walking or biking to school this week and low-no waste lunches, and will have a special lunchtime event April 26th
- Kindergarten Orientation/ April 25th
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week/ May 6- May 10
- Dining for Dollars (DFD), The Cellar in Downtown Blacksburg May 22nd
- Field Day/Spring Fling/ June 3rd during the school day
- For more information on other events and activities, please see the Harding Avenue Elementary Calendar
What is HAEPTA? Programs we support...
- Harding Avenue Elementary (HAE) PTA is a volunteer group made up of teachers, parents/guardians, staff, and grandparents at Harding Avenue. Our goal is to support our school and teachers and strengthen the relationships of all involved, thereby helping HAE succeed. Our fundraising efforts provide assistance for the school's educational, recreational and infrastructure needs.
- PTA offers a means to develop strong family-school partnerships and involve the community. The process can be tailored to each school. PTA's process for building successful partnerships and programs consists of three steps: 1. Raising awareness about the power of family and community involvement. 2. Taking action to cultivate involvement through specific programs and practices. 3. Celebrating success as your school sees increased involvement and its impact.
BEST OF ALL: You get to know other HAE families and HAE teachers and staff while supporting our community school. PTA is a great way to show your kids the importance of education, by being involved yourself.
- Back to School Welcome Breakfast for Teachers and Staff
- Back to School Night/ Meet the teacher: welcome social for new & returning families to HAE
- Fall Festival
- HAE Student Directory
- PTA Contests
- DARE Graduation
- Family Game Night
- Family Dance
- Field Day/Spring Fling
- Green Team
- Guest Author Visit
- VT Game Day Parking
- Barter Players
- STEAM Night
- Scholarships for fieldtrips
- Instructional gifts to HAE / Stocking the STEM Cabinets
- One Book One School / Literacy Fund
- Outdoor Classroom
- VT Big Event
- Staff Appreciation - Hospitality
- Dining for Dollars and Shopping for Dollars (percentage day/nights at local businesses)
- Other Special Events and Assemblies
Harding Avenue Elementary (HAE) PTA is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization. Your donations are appreciated and are tax deductible. All donations go directly to our school to benefit HAE students.