Harding Avenue Elementary PTA
COME TO A PTA MEETING!
Second MONDAY OF THE MONTH AT 6PM in HAE THEATER 2 *UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED*
Childcare provided by the Link for School Age Children
***April, 20 2020 from 6:00-7:00 pm ***
- Dining for Dollars at Avellinos - 11 am - 9 pm Dine in and Carryout
- PTA Meetings Listed Above - All Welcome!
- For more information on other events and activities, please see the Harding Avenue Elementary Calendar
What is HAEPTA? Programs we support...
- Harding Avenue Elementary (HAE) PTA is a volunteer group made up of teachers, parents/guardians, staff, and grandparents at Harding Avenue. Our goal is to support our school and teachers and strengthen the relationships of all involved, thereby helping HAE succeed. Our fundraising efforts provide assistance for the school's educational, recreational and infrastructure needs.
- PTA offers a means to develop strong family-school partnerships and involve the community. The process can be tailored to each school. PTA's process for building successful partnerships and programs consists of three steps: 1. Raising awareness about the power of family and community involvement. 2. Taking action to cultivate involvement through specific programs and practices. 3. Celebrating success as your school sees increased involvement and its impact.
BEST OF ALL: You get to know other HAE families and HAE teachers and staff while supporting our community school. PTA is a great way to show your kids the importance of education, by being involved yourself.
Programs / Efforts PTA provides and/or Supports
- Back to School Welcome Breakfast for Teachers and Staff
- Back to School Night/ Meet the teacher: welcome social for new & returning families to HAE
- Back to School fees - agendas for 4th and 5th grade and scholastic for grades k-3 (no more lines for fees at BTS night!)
- Classroom Grants
- Reimbursements for all New and New to Grade Teachers of up to $150 to purchase classroom supplies
- Start of year funds for all returning teachers and staff of $25 - $50
- Fall Festival
- HAE Student Directory
- PTA Contests
- DARE Graduation
- Family Game Night
- Family Movie Night
- Field Day/Spring Fling
- Green Team
- Guest Author Visit
- VT Game Day Parking
- Barter Players
- STEAM Night / Breakout Night
- Scholarships for fieldtrips
- Turkey Bingo
- Instructional gifts to HAE / Stocking the STEM Cabinets
- One Book One School / Literacy Fund
- Outdoor Classroom
- VT Big Event
- Staff and Teacher Appreciation - Hospitality - Monthly recognition, Stocking the lounge, Holiday Breakfast, Appreciation Food Truck Day
- Fundraising (Mostly passive - Coca Cola Give, Kroger Rewards -are you signed up!?)
- Dining for Dollars and Shopping for Dollars (percentage day/nights at local businesses)
- Other Special Events and Assemblies
Harding Avenue Elementary (HAE) PTA is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization. Your donations are appreciated and are tax deductible. All donations go directly to our school to benefit HAE students.